Advisory Council on the Status of Women
2008 Equality Report Card
How well is the Government of PEI doing in 2008 to advance women's equality goals?
In 2007, the Advisory Council on the Status of Women introduced a process for following up on its past recommendations to government on key issues that affect the lives of Prince Edward Island girls, women, and their families. Council released its first Equality for PEI Report Card on June 17, 2008.
2008 EQUALITY REPORT CARD
- News Release; Government Taking Small Steps Towards Women's Equality
June 17, 2008, news release announcing the release of the Report Card.
Here below are some of the background documents the Status of Women Council has shared with government during the collaborative process to create a Report Card:
- What Grades Mean: General Criteria
A guide to what A, B, C, D, and F grades will be based on, in general terms.
- What Grades Mean: Detailed Examples
Detailed examples of initiatives that would earn A, B, C, D, or F grades in each priority area.
- A Fair and Transparent Process
A detailed summary of the process Council took to develop the Report Card and to arrive at "grades."
- List of Priority Areas and Reporting Departments
A summary of the priority areas the Status of Women Council set out to assess and the departments asked to report on each area.
- Orientation to Gender-Based Analysis and the Equality Report Card
Overhead slides from an orientation session delivered to departmental representatives in January and February 2008.
- Introducing the Equality Report Card
A document prepared by the Status of Women Council for the May 2007 election, introducing the priority issues and the collaborative process for the Equality for PEI Report Card.
- 2008 PEIACSW Equality Report Card for PEI [PDF 467.10kb]
- 2008 Fiche de rendement de l'egalite [PDF 474.61kb]
- Fiche de rendement de l’égalité
- PEIACSW Equality Report Card General Rubric [PDF 22.61kb]
- PEIACSW Equality Report Card: Examples of Initiatives [PDF 79.17kb]
- Equality Report Card Process Summary
- PEIACSW Equality Report Card: Orientation Overview [PDF 472.78kb]
- PEIACSW Equality Report Card: Priority Areas and Reporting Departments [PDF 44.87kb]
- Equality for WOmen in PEI Report Card Process 2007 [PDF 1,092.97kb]
- 2007-05-10: Report Card on Equality