Advisory Council on the Status of Women
2009 Equality Report Card
The PEI Advisory Council on the Status of Women Equality Report Card for PEI is a process to assess our Province's progress towards women's equality goals. The PEI Status of Women's goal is to work collaboratively with government to help the Province to achieve high grades by responding to priority recommendations from women.
The second ever Equality Report Card was released in June 2009. The Report Card reflects actions by government up to May 31, 2009. We are pleased to say that government has acted on some of the Report Card priorities since that time.
An interim trends report will come out in June 2010, and the next full Equality Report Card will be published in June 2011.
- Video News Release" About the 2009 Equality Report Card
- News Release: Government Earns a C on 2009 Equality Report Card
- Communiqué de presse: Le gouvernement obtient un C sur la fiche de rendement de l'égalité 2009
Here below are some additional background documents the Status of Women Council has shared with government during the collaborative process to create the 2009 Report Card. Other background documents are also available.
- Sommaire - 2009 Fiche de rendement de l'égalité [PDF 156.46kb]
- PEI Status of Women Submission on Provincial Budget 2009 [PDF 81.38kb]
- 2009 Equality Report Card Priority Recommendations
- Grading Criteria for the 2009 Equality Report Card [PDF 39.54kb]
- Orientation to the 2009 PEI Equality Report Card [PDF 600.96kb]
- Timeline for the 2009 PEI Equality Report Card [PDF 59.98kb]