Advisory Council on the Status of Women
Happy International Women's Day 2018!
Mark Your Calendars!
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
3:00pm - 6:00pm
Trinity United Church Hall
220 Richmond Street, Charlottetown
Come join us to celebrate International Women’s Day! We will be singing, sharing experiences, and of course DANCING! There will be a kids station and lots of opportunity for everyone to be playful. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity worldwide.
Refreshments provided. This is a FREE event - open to every age and gender.
For details contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-368-4510.
Facebook Event Page
As of March 7, 2018
Getting excited for our International Women's Day event!
A few treats we have in store:
* Singing the "new" revised Canadian anthem with MP Sean Casey (who brought the motion to the House of Parliament)
* Greetings from the province by Minister Paula Biggar
* ACSW Chairperson Yvonne Deagle's IWD message
* 4 women's perspectives on IWD
* Bollywood dance steps with Garima Mishra and Rinku Upadhyaya
* Bboyizm dance demo by Jordan Legere
* Indigenous Round Dance led by Samantha Lewis and Barbara Bernard
* Kate Dempsey leading us in singing Bread and Roses
The afternoon will be MC'd by the wonderful Farahnaz Rezaei. There will be a kids corner, refreshments, and lots of opportunity to get to know one another.
This is a FREE event, open to all genders. The Trinity Hall is accessible. Women, men, and children are all welcome.
- IWD Commentary/commentaire by Yvonne Deagle : International Women's Day 2018 #HerToo / Journée internationale des femmes 2018 #ElleAussi
- Media Advisory
- IWD Commentary by Yvonne Deagle, The Guardian online, March 8 (has incorrect photo): Achieving True Equality
- March 8, 2018, online The Guardian Article, includes some video and photos taken by Guardian reporter Dave Stewart: International Women’s Day event in Charlottetown focuses on #MeToo
- International Women's Day Photo Gallery 2018 - includes thank yous to speakers, dancers, sponsors and organizing committee
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada
- Cooper Institute
- Canadian Union of Public Sector Employees
- Women’s Network PEI
- PEI Advisory Council on the Status of Women
- PEI Interministerial Women’s Secretariat