"Gateway to Farm Innovation". Farming over the last few decades has seen a lot of changes and has become very innovative. There are many types of farming ventures these days, i e; large tract farms, operated by multi-nationals, small family farms, organic farms, hobby farms, and now in many cities, small individual bed plots, to name a few.
Finance PEI has launched the new Farmland Financing Program, aimed to provide financing to new and expanding Island farmers seeking to purchase farmland in Prince Edward Island, as well as farmers involved in farmland succession.
Implementing good biosecurity practices has significant economic, environmental and community benefits for all Islanders.
The popular Public Land Atlas has been updated and revised to reflect a number of changes requested by the people who use these lands for recreation, bird watching, hiking, hunting and fishing. The updated Atlas is available free of charge on line or in print for $34 at the J. Frank Gaudet Tree Nursery in Charlottetown.
- Farmland Financing Program
- 2015 Guide for Beginning Farmers
- 2014/2015 Seed Potato Directory
- 2014/15 Directory for Farmers
- Backyard Bug Brigade
- Buffer Zone Legislation
- Companion Animal Welfare Initiative (CAWI)
- Environmentally Significant Class of Land Holdings
- Forest Fire Weather Index
- PEI Agriculture Certificate Program
- Pesticide Certificate
- Potato Disinfection Services
- Premises Identification Program