A new industry led, government supported partnership will engage primary industries, food producers, culinary experts and research institutions to expand food exports, create new products and cement Prince Edward Island’s reputation as a world class producer of food and leading culinary destination.
The new Animal Welfare Act will modernize the province’s animal welfare legislation and improve the ability of provincial authorities to act in cases of animal neglect or abuse.
The Department of Agriculture and Forestry is asking gardeners to plant only tomato varieties with a proven resistance to a new strain of late blight. This will help ensure a healthy crop and at the same time protect the province’s $1 billion potato industry.
Implementing good biosecurity practices has significant economic, environmental and community benefits for all Islanders.
The 2015 Burger Love campaign has concluded and the the Cabbage Patch from the Home Place in Kensington has been named this year's top burger. A total of 145,527 burgers were sold during the month of April at 60 participating restaurants across Prince Edward Island.
- Farmland Financing Program
- 2015 Guide for Beginning Farmers
- 2014/2015 Seed Potato Directory
- 2014/15 Directory for Farmers
- Backyard Bug Brigade
- Buffer Zone Legislation
- Companion Animal Welfare Initiative (CAWI)
- Environmentally Significant Class of Land Holdings
- Forest Fire Weather Index
- Pesticide Certificate
- Planting Permits for Seed Potatoes
- Potato Disinfection Services
- Premises Identification Program
- Watercourse, Wetland and Buffer Zone Activity Permit