Atlantic Canada Potato Guide
This guide was prepared by the Atlantic Potato Committee. Recommendations on crop and variety selection, fertilization, weed, insect and disease control, harvesting and storage have been coordinated for the Atlantic area and are presented here for your information.
Please note that this guide is not prepared for a specific time period. It will be reviewed and updated as required. Specific variety and pesticide recommendations are not included in this guide but are available in POTATO CROP WEED AND PEST CONTROL Guide. PUBLICATION 1300A, which will be printed each year to include new recommendations for varieties and pesticides.
if you have doubts about specific recommendations, check with your local Extension Agrologist or Provincial Potato Specialist.
- Variety Development and Selection
- Physiological Age and Seed Preparation
- Potato Seed Cutting to Improve Spacing
- Potato Planter Management
- Soil Management -Field Selection & Fertility Practices
- Soil Management - Tillage & Soil Improvement Measures
- Pesticide Application
- Operator Protection
- Environmental Protection
- Weed Control
- Insect Control
- Physiological Disorders
- Viruses, Viroids and Mycoplasmas
- Sprout Inhibitors