Agri-Food Promotion Program
April 1, 2015-March 31, 2016
The Prince Edward Island Department of Agriculture and Forestry has established the Agri-Food Promotion Program to increase the awareness, demand, and consumption for fresh, high-quality Prince Edward Island agricultural products.
Projects are to:
- improve the visibility and knowledge of locally produced agri-food products and the individuals that produce them
- make the connection between Prince Edward Island farming and the agri-food sector
- encourage the importance of using locally produced foods to create healthy eating habits and making informed consumer choices and/or
- create an awareness of the important value of the Prince Edward Island agrifood sector
- groups (e.g., youth clubs, WI, agricultural clubs, etc.)
- others may be considered upon special request
- costs associated with the implementation of the approved project
- those incurred between the time of application submission and notification of project approval are eligible for reimbursement. If the project is not approved, all incurred costs are the responsibility of the applicant.
- food costs are not normally considered eligible unless associated with a sampling demonstration.
- approved projects must be completed within the fiscal year
Level of Assistance:
- up to 100% of eligible costs for a project to a maximum of $1,000 for Youth and School Groups
- up to 50% of eligible costs for a project to a maximum of $1,000 for other groups and organizations. Financial support is to be matched by equal or greater financial contribution by the applicant; in-kind services are not eligible contributions
- The maximum contribution for a project is $1,000.
- Funds will be distributed to applicants based on availability. Completed applications will be accepted on a first received basis and first approved basis.
Examples of Eligible Projects
- Cooking classes or demonstrations that showcase PEI products and the farmers that produce them
- Learning gardens with curriculum
- Agri-food educational resources that have a focus on agricultural products grown on PEI
- Innovative activities that focus on improving awareness about agri-food on PEI
- Fund-raising events are not eligible.
- Expenditures made prior to application submission are not eligible for reimbursement.
Applications may be submitted between April 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016 All projects must be completed and claims submitted no later than March 14, 2016.
Applicants shall maintain an accurate record of expenditures incurred and shall submit, upon completion of the project, the following:
- a financial statement summarizing expenditures
- copies of all paid invoices with verification of payment
- a one-page report on the project and its results in terms of meeting applicant and Program objectives/purpose
- and, when feasible, copies of material produced
Agri-Food Promotion Program
PEI Department of Agriculture and Forestry
PO Box 2000,
Agri-Food Promotion Program - Application 2015-2016