Skip to Main Content
Public Archives and Records Office
print small medium large 

HOME /


Online Exhibits

Prince of Wales College

More>>>
Larger Image (40.1 KB)
PARO Acc. 2301/76
Original Prince of Wales College Building, Charlottetown, ca. 1900
 
The Central Academy school, which was established in 1836, was renamed Prince of Wales College in 1860 to commemorate the visit of the Prince of Wales to Prince Edward Island. This photograph features the original Central Academy building and the Prince of Wales faculty of 1900. The building of the new Prince of Wales structure can be seen in the background. The new building was completed in 1900.
Next>>>

Return to Exhibit Listings

To see more of the images from this and other collections visit the Public Archives and Records Office, 4th Floor, Hon. George Coles Building, Richmond Street in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
back to top