Skip to Main Content
Public Archives and Records Office
print small medium large 

HOME /


Online Exhibits

Charlottetown's Victoria Park

More>>>
Larger Image (36 KB)
PARO Acc. 2602/21
Fort Edward, circa 1900
 
The most photographed feature of Victoria Park, the cannons at Fort Edward continue to attract young and old alike. The wooden planks under the cannons were replaced by cement in the 1930s. In 1915, the City of Charlottetown purchased a "one horse grass cutter" for keeping the grass in Victoria Park and the Squares and streets in Charlottetown neatly trimmed.
Next>>>

Return to Exhibit Listings

To see more of the images from this and other collections visit the Public Archives and Records Office, 4th Floor, Hon. George Coles Building, Richmond Street in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
For more information about the Public Archives and its holdings, please visit princeedwardisland.ca.
back to top