Skip to Main Content
Public Archives and Records Office
print small medium large 

HOME /


Online Exhibits

Charlottetown's Victoria Park

More>>>
Larger Image (50.3 KB)
PARO Acc. 2301/166
Fanning Bank and Guard House
 
Fanning Bank, just visible between the trees, is the official residence of Prince Edward Island's Lieutenant Governor. Built in 1834, the house commands an excellent view of Charlottetown Harbour. The Guard House has been removed and the bridge across Governor's Pond is now a paved causeway. This photograph dates prior to the building of the roadway to Fort Edward.
Next>>>
Previous<<<

Return to Exhibit Listings

To see more of the images from this and other collections visit the Public Archives and Records Office, 4th Floor, Hon. George Coles Building, Richmond Street in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
For more information about the Public Archives and its holdings, please visit princeedwardisland.ca.
back to top