Public Archives and Records Office
The Public Archives and Records Office has prepared a number of exhibits in recent years which are available below. The current exhibit can also be viewed in person at the Public Archives.
Visit princeedwardisland.ca for more information about the Public Archives and our holdings.
Select an exhibit to view:
Selected Projects and Websites that use Public Archives and Records Office content
Besides exhibitions created by the Public Archives and Records Office, a number of other websites have made use of material from our collection.
- PEI Lieutenant Governors Gallery – Photographs and short biographies of PEI’s Lieutenant Governors.
- PEI Premiers Gallery - Brief biographies and photographs PEI’s premiers from 1851 to present.
- Island Imagined – More than 1,000 digitized maps from the collections of the Public Archives and Records Office, the PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation, and Robertson Library (UPEI).
- Mi'kmaq Portraits Collection - A Nova Scotia Museum site with some 30 images from PEI.
- Picturing a Canadian Life: L.M. Montgomery's™ Personal Scrapbooks and Book Covers – Explores L.M. Montgomery’s life and visual imagination through a selection of personal scrapbooks and book covers.
- The Family Corner Store: A PEI History – Examines the legacy of the Lebanese family store in Prince Edward Island.