Setting a course for sustained prosperity
"Our budget plan is consistent with our pledge to grow the economy, spend public dollars wisely and provide more opportunities for future generations of Islanders." - Hon. Allen F. Roach, Minister of Finance and Chair of Treasury Board
- Increase the Harmonized Sales Tax by one percent effective October 1, 2016;
- Increase the PEI Sales Tax Credit by 10% effective July 2016;
- Increase tax relief for low-income Islanders for 2016;
- Eliminate the Real Property Transfer Tax for all first-time home buyers as of October 1, 2016;
- Increase the Basic Personal Income Tax exemption to $8,000 for 2016.
- Increase health expenditures by over three percent.
Budget Address [ 950 Kb ]
Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure
Budget Estimates [ ]
Budget Paper Background Notes