Steps to Resolve the Problem
- Put your complaint in writing (Sample Letter of Complaint). If it is necessary to call, keep a written log of who you spoke to, what was said, and the date and time of the conversation.
- Find out exactly who should receive your complaint; a customer service manager, a store manager, or the owner of the business.
- Be clear in stating the problem and how you want it to be resolved. Stick to the facts.
- Include as much information as possible about the product, such as a serial model or brand name and number and any actions you have taken so far to resolve the problem.
- Include copies of receipts, warranties, repair invoices. Keep the originals.
- Request a reasonable time for a response.
- If you don’t receive satisfaction within a reasonable time, contact the manufacturer.
- If you still do not receive satisfaction, contact Consumer Services at 902-368-4580 or toll-free (PEI only) 1-800-658-1799.