Teachers’ Resource Network
Location, Hours of Operation, and Access to Materials:
Located at: St. Jean Elementary School, Queen Street, Charlottetown
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday – 3:00 – 5:00 p,m.
- Wednesday – 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Teachers’ Resource Network collection provides supplementary learning and instructional materials to teachers of the ELSB on a loan basis. Since September, the collection has not been accessible due to a reduction in staff within the Curriculum Delivery Department of the ELSB. The Senior Management Team has been working with the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture to identify possible solutions. While this is forthcoming, the ELSB will provide limited access to the TRN collection on the following basis:
- The TRN will be open during the hours of operation indicated above.
- Schools included in the courier service will be sent the courier schedule.
- Upon arrival at the TRN, the school doors of St Jean School may be locked. You will need to call the TRN office and someone will come down to let you in. The TRN phone number is 902-368-4086.
We expect demand to exceed our capacity, therefore, please phone the TRN to book in a time and/or place your order. To avoid additional frustration, please note that drop-ins may experience a wait and pre-ordering is encouraged via the phone.
You will be notified as more information becomes available.
(Above information updated: October 30, 2015)
The collection is made up of:
- Additional classroom reading materials for all grades that support teachers’ literacy goals; including a variety of genres, novel sets, book club sets, independent reading materials, and guided reading.
- Literature support for many subjects in every grade.
LISTS BY SUBJECT
Literature support for:
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Author Studies
- Alternate Units/Themes
LISTS BY CATEGORY
- Audio Sets (CD)
- Big Books
- Book Club List (April 2015)
- Guided and Independent Reading Selections
- Guided Reading – alphabetical
- Independent Reading
- Math – Manipulatives and more
- Science / Health Models
- Grand livres – Textes mentors (new – February 2013)
- Ressources intermédiaire (new – February 2013)
- Ressources lecture – ind-guidée (new – February 2013)
- Science – Études sociales (new – February 2013)
- All French Resources – alphabetical (new – February 2013)
Online KOHA Search
- TRN resources are searchable on the PEI School Library System Catalog. Click here to begin your search.