Cards will be going home with grade 4-8 students today for Pay What You Pull. $5.00 buys a full card and or you can pull as many tabs as you wish from the student selling. Proceeds go towards the December 8th Georgetown School Christmas Fair. This the the major fundraiser for the school and generates money that is used in many programs throughout the year. There will be tons of wonderful prizes like in past years. Prize list will be posted here on the website ASAP.
Thursday, November 16 (5-8:00 pm) and Friday, November 17 (no school) in the GES gymnasium at 1:00 pm and going until 3:00 pm
Please note change of time to allow for family, GES staff and parents to attend funeral and celebration of life for fellow community member.
The After School Activity Hour for children attending in grades 1-4 and 5-8 is a free program offered by the Eastern Region Sport and Recreation Council. The program will be in operation on the following dates:
Garry Harris will be running the program and it will be held here at GES in the gymnasium!
Grades 1-4 (Tuesdays from 3:10pm – 4:10pm)
- November 14, 21, 28
- December 5, 12, 19
- January 6, 16, 23, 30
- February 6, 13
Grades 5-8 (Thursdays from 3:10- 4:10 pm)
- November 9, 16, 23, 30
- December 7, 14, 21
- January 11, 18, 25
- February 1, 8
Hope to see everyone out to this exciting program for Georgetown youth.
Parents are asked to register their children for Kindergarten prior to or during the week of November 20-24, 2017.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2018 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Parents are asked to register their child for the English Kindergarten Program at his/her zoned elementary school during school hours. There is further information below regarding registering your child for the French Immersion Program. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990)
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
- Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age:
- Birth certificate
- PEI health card
- Verification of home address must also be provided, such as current utility bill.
- Welcome to Kindergarten sessions for incoming students and their parents will be held in the Spring of 2018.
Parents are reminded that photo choices and money will be due on Wednesday November 15th. Please hand in money to Home Room teachers.
Retakes will be offered to those who missed, would like a retake and for Grade 8 graduates on November 24th.
We had our first Hornet Picks of the Month for October. We would like to congratulate Matilda Gotell, Patrick Collings and Kieran Peters. Each of the these thoughtful students was rewarded with a gift card to Daryls Store.
Our Hornet Pick of the Week for Oct 27- Nov 3 was Mallory Gotell from our Kindergarten Class. Great Job Mallory, You are such a thoughtful and helpful student to your school, teacher and classmates.
November 6th Georgetown Elementary School will be honoring veterans with a Remembrance Assembly and Service.
Veterans and community members, as always, were welcome to attend.
All grades have been preparing and planning for this special memorial service. Thanks to the grade 7 and grade 8 students who accompanied the veterans into the assembly including Kade Rafuse who led the march. The students were amazing in the assembly, paying attention to the speakers, poems and music, making everyone proud.
We were grateful to have had Olivia Sibbick in attendance. She played “Last Post”with her trumpet. Great job Olivia!
Thanks to Haley Zavo, Stacy Toms from Maroon Pig, Ms. Terese Mair and Mr. Power for organizing and preparing our school and students for this important assembly and providing a lunch for the veterans after the service.