Contact Information:100 Darby Drive
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
Our Grade 6 French Immersion class will be set up in our lobby during Parent-Teacher Interviews this evening and tomorrow. They will be selling a beautiful holiday print that has been custom made by local illustrator/stationer, Kim Roach for the class.
All the proceeds will go toward their year end trip to the Magdalen Island.
Each 8 x 10 print is $15.00. It looks wonderful in a frame and makes a lovely gift.
A few more details on the Road to the Roar:
- It is Thursday, November 9th that the students will be going.
- There is no cost for admission.
- Students should not bring money for the canteen. They will not be allowed to make purchases.
Our students in Grades 4 to 6 will be walking to the CUP to watch a 2017 Home Hardware ‘Road to the Roar’ Olympic Pre-Trial Curling Draw. They will leave the school at 11:30 after an early lunch to arrive in time for the draw at 12:00.
We will be having the Rocks and Rings program at Greenfield next week. This Sports P.E.I. program introduces the sport of curling to our students. Seeing the Road to the Roar should increase our students’ appreciation of this great Canadian sport.
The fundraiser items have arrived and were passed out to most of our students on Thursday last week. This year, the company did not put a list in the bag with the names of who ordered each item. We have that information at the school so if you need a copy, please contact Mrs. Finniss by phone or with a note in the agenda.
Please check all items and make sure you have everything that you ordered and paid for. Also, check to make sure everything is in good order. If you are missing an item or if an item is broken or damaged, please let Mrs. Finniss know. She will be sending in an re-order for these items on Tuesday, November 14th.
A BIG congratulations to Zachery McNeill who was our Top Seller. He sold $684.00 in items from the catalogue. Our total sales were $12, 627.00. We appreciate everyone’s support of this Home and School fundraiser!
Ordering for HotLunches for November closes at midnight tonight!
We hope our students and their families enjoy a little extra time this weekend. Don’t forget to set your clocks back on Saturday night!
Here are some reminders for the coming week:
- Don’t forget to get your HotLunches orders in for November! The deadline is Sunday night at 12:00 midnight.
- Provincial Assessment results will be going home on Monday, November 6th for all students in Grades 4 (Literacy and Math Assessments) and French Immersion Grade 6 students (Literacy). These assessments were written last year in May and June.
- Our Remembrance Day Ceremony will be on Tuesday, November 7th at 1:30. Members of the Summerside Royal Canadian Legion will be with us.
- Bricks 4 Kidz will begin on Tuesday, November 7th if we have enough students register. You can register online at www.bricks4kidz.com . The program goes for six weeks (2:50 t0 4:00) and is for children in Grades K to 6. The cost is $75.00
- Picture re-takes are on Wednesday, November 8th. Please send a note in your child’s agenda if you want school pictures taken again.
- Students in Grades 6 will get their needles on Friday, November 10th.
There will be a fundraiser on Friday, November 10th at the Superstore to raise money for our defibrillator. Members of the St. Eleanor’s Lions Club will be there and we will need students to bag groceries between 4:00 to 9:00. We are hoping to have students from Grades 5 and 6 participate. Please consider if your son or daughter can help with this.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.