Contact Information:100 Darby Drive
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
Tomorrow, Friday, May 19th is the last day for…
- Parent Survey for the Department of Education. We would like to have as many parents as possible complete this survey. It would be great to get our parents’ input and point of view so please consider completing it. If you do not have the login, call 888-8492 and we will provide it to you. This information did go home on a green sheet of paper.
- Yearbooks – the deadline for yearbook orders is tomorrow. The cost is $15.00.
Our Wee Gators Spring Concert is tomorrow. Doors will open at 12:30. Students will be coming in from the playground at this time, so parents and other guests should use caution.
Thank you to all our students, parents and staff who participated in and contributed to our Stuffy Day in memory of Nathan Costain. It was a wonderful day and a great success. We raised $430.00 for the P.E.I. Special Olympics.
Students in Grade 6A and 6B took a moment to remember Nathan, placing their stuffies around the tree that was planted in his memory.
Here are some reminders for the coming week:
- Our Spring Concert is on Friday, May 19th at 1:15. Our students in Grades K, 1 and 2 plus the Wee Gators Adventure Group will be performing.
- We hope our parents will consider completing the Department of Education Survey. A letter was sent home on Tuesday with link to the survey. The deadline to complete the survey is May 19th. It would be great to have our parents’ feedback.
- Bricks for Kidz will begin this coming Wednesday. Please let your child’s teacher know if your son or daughter is signed up.
- Maurice Bernard’s Art Classes begin this Thursday. Again, please let your child’s teacher know if your son or daughter is taking these lessons.
- Yearbooks are on sale until May 19th. There is a limited number of yearbooks available.
*A correction from the May Newsletter – Our Welcome to Kindergarten sessions are on May 18th (English Program) and May 25th (French Immersion Program).
Have a wonderful weekend!
Tomorrow, Friday May 12th, is the 2nd Annual Nathan Costain Stuffy Day. This day is held in memory of Nathan, who was a very special student at Greenfield. Nathan passed away last year, suddenly, on May 13th.
Students can bring a special stuffy to school and, if they wish, a donation to Special Olympics of P.E.I. Below is a link to the lovely poster made by Grade 6A.
An invitation went home with students today for parents to complete the Parent Survey for the Department of Education. Important notes about the survey:
- The survey takes about 20 minutes.
- Your responses should be based on this current school year.
- If you have more than one child, you may complete the survey more than once.
- Your responses are anonymous and confidential.
- You may skip questions you do not wish to answer.
- The link to the survey is on the notice that went home (green paper).
- The survey is open now and will be open until May 19th. Further reminders will be sent.
The goal of the survey is to receive feedback from parents about our school and learning. We hope parents will participate.
Our May Newsletter is going home today with youngest in the family. Below is a link to the online version well as information on surveys that are being done by the Department of Education:
Some important reminders:
- Spring Photos will be taken on Tuesday, May 9th. Only students who have returned the form will have their picture taken.
- Yearbooks are now on sale until May 19th. There are a limited numbers of copies made so if you would like one, it is best to purchase it as soon as you can.
- Further information on the Department of Education surveys will be coming home at the first of next week.
- Don’t forget the Hanging Basket Fundraiser!
A flyer was sent home today for our Home and School Hanging Basket Fundraiser.
John’s Greenhouse is partnering with Greenfield Elementary Home and School with a 10″ hanging basket. The goal is to raise money to buy Spark Bikes for our school.
This fundraiser is just in time for Mother’s Day. The price of the baskets is $15.00. The flyer has the ordering information. We hope you will consider purchasing a beautiful basket for a good cause.
Congratulations to our Greenfield Peace Chorus and Ukulele Group! They had an excellent day at Music Monday in Charlottetown, representing our school community in fine style throughout the day of celebrating music. The students participated in a number of activities, finishing the day at a large music event at Trinity United Church, as the pictures below show. Mrs. MG and Mrs. Finniss were very proud of our students. You made Peace, Love and Good Vibrations shine throughout P.E.I. yesterday!
A reminder to have your May HotLunches orders in by Sunday night – midnight on April 30th.
It is a long month for lunches. The menu goes from Monday, May 1st to Friday, June 2nd.