- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2015 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten
- Parents are asked to register their child at his/her local elementary school during school hours. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990), Summerside Office (902-888-8400) or Toll Free 1-800-280-7965.
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
- Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age: birth certificate/PEI health card as well as verification of home address, such as current utility bill.
- Dates for the parents and children to attend the Annual Welcome to Kindergarten sessions will be announced in the Spring of 2015.
The Welcome to Kindergarten orientation sessions will be hosted at all of our public schools that offer kindergarten.
At these workshops parents receive early learning and literacy resources, while learning strategies for using the resources with their child. The goal of this program is to ensure all of our children enter public education with a foundation in literacy nurtured at home which will position them for school success and lifelong learning.