Parents are asked to register their children for Kindergarten prior to or during the week of November 20-24, 2017.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2018 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Parents are asked to register their child for the English Kindergarten Program at his/her zoned elementary school during school hours. There is further information below regarding registering your child for the French Immersion Program. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990) or the Summerside Office (902-888-8400) or Toll-Free (1-800-280-7965).
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
- Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age:
- Birth certificate
- PEI health card
- Verification of home address must also be provided, such as current utility bill.
- Welcome to Kindergarten sessions for incoming students and their parents will be held in the Spring of 2018.
Please refer to this additional information regarding locations for the Early French Immersion Program registration: Continue reading
Nominating School Bus Drivers for an ‘Inspire’ award in November is an excellent way to recognize them. Each month we are encouraging the nomination of a specific group in our Public Schools Branch family. This month we will highlight the role of our school bus drivers. We thank them for their diligence and care in safely transporting and supporting students to and from school each day. Their efforts also make it possible for students to attend many extracurricular activities and field trips. They are often the first and last member of the branch staff to see students each day. For many students, their efforts and kindness make the school experience more enjoyable and pleasant.
The ‘Inspire’ award is one way the Public Schools Branch is using to recognize members of our educational community for the inspirational things they do to help us all experience success and make our schools great places to work and learn. Anyone can nominate an employee, student, volunteer, parent or community member; and the criterion for nomination is simple – they just need to have inspired others. To nominate someone, simply take a minute or two to complete the on-line nomination form. Nominees will receive a small PSB recognition package and a note of thanks for contributing to the PSB community. Over 100 ‘Inspire’ Awards have been delivered so far. Thank you for doing your part to nominate deserving candidates.
The Public Schools Branch, in collaboration with Canadian Parents for French and the PEI Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture, will host information meetings about opportunities for French Immersion Kindergarten. Kindergarten is the entry point for Early French Immersion. Parents who plan to register a child for kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year are invited to attend one of the following information sessions: Continue reading