- What schools are impacted by rezoning?
- Birchwood Intermediate
- Cardigan Consolidated
- Donagh Regional
- Glen Stewart Primary
- Parkdale Elementary
- Prince Street Elementary
- Queen Charlotte Intermediate
- Spring Park Elementary
- St. Jean Elementary
- Stratford Elementary
- Stonepark Intermediate
- West Kent Elementary
- West Royalty Elementary
- How do I know which school my address is zoned for?
The new rezoning maps are available on the ‘Better Learning For All’ website: www.princeedwardisland.ca/betterlearningforall. In time, students and families affected by rezoning will be contacted by schools.
- Will I receive information about how to register my child at his/her new school?
Schools will assist in the process of registering students.
- What if my child is currently out-of-zone?
Existing student transfers will remain valid if a student is zoned for and attending a school that is not on the above list.
Existing student transfers are no longer valid if the student is either zoned for or attending one of the above named schools.
- How do I request a student transfer for my child to attend a school outside our zone?
The Student Transfer Procedure and Application Forms are available on the PSB website:
- Which high school will my child attend?
Students will attend the high school of their intermediate feeder school in their school family.
- When will the changes take effect?
- How do I get information on my child’s new school?
Information on schools will be available soon. Transition teams will work to create opportunities to visit and tour new schools for students who are changing schools.
- Will bussing for my child change?
Work is proceeding on bus routes. This information will be communicated before school begins in September 2017.
- Will all the Charlottetown intermediate schools offer the same programs such as band, choir, athletics, continuing and late French Immersion, etc.?
All Charlottetown intermediate schools will offer similar programs.
- What is a Transition Team?
Transition teams are groups that will work together to provide leadership, coordination and support during the transition. The Transition Teams may include principals, school staff, the Director of the Public Schools Branch and Branch staff from the following areas: Policy and Planning, Student Services, Finance, Human Resources, Corporate Services, Accounting, Maintenance, Transportation and the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture.
- If I have a question, who should I talk to?
Contact the Public Schools Branch: 902-368-6990 or your current school principal.