Dear Parents / Guardians of Grade 9 Students:
Stonepark Intermediate School will once again be holding its closing ceremonies for the Grade 9 students. This exercise will take place on Wednesday June 25th from 11:00 – 12:30 pm, and will be held in the Stonepark gymnasium. In preparation for this event, there are some considerations we would like you to keep in mind:
- Grade 9 students and their parents / guardians are encouraged to attend the closing. We’d ask that the number of extended family members be kept to a minimum, given that the space is limited in the gymnasium, and we must be mindful of capacity for fire regulations.
- If there is any guest that needs special seating assistance for the ceremony, due to mobility issues or a physical impairment, please advise Mr. Beck or Mr. Campbell at the school by Tuesday at the latest.
- Students are asked to arrive at the school no later than 10:45. They are to report to their homeroom class for check-in, and will remain there until it is time to go to the gym.
- There will be a luncheon held after the closing ceremonies. This will take place in the cafeteria and is open to the students and their parents, as well as staff. The reception is sponsored by Home and School along with a Grade 8 parents committee.
- Parking may be an issue on this day. We would ask that you arrive as early as possible to find a space close to the school. Parking will be available in our parking lots at the front and to the sides of the school, as well as the grassy areas along the upper road, and the field between the main parking lots. If need be, you may have to park along Pope or Heather Avenue. Buses start arriving at 2:35, but we expect that the areas will be cleared out by that time. We thank you in advance for your patience and courtesy when exiting the area.
- The closing is a very informal affair. Students are not required to purchase a special outfit for the ceremony. Clothes they would normally wear to school would be appropriate for that day.Students will receive their report cards at the closing ceremonies. Students who owe money for lost or damaged books or locks are asked to make payment with Suzanne in the main office prior to receiving their report card.
There will be an area in front of the school, as well as on the stage in the cafeteria for pictures before and after the ceremony. Feel free to take advantage of this area, or any other area, to do this.
Looking forward to seeing you on the 25th!