Friday – Day 6

Cafeteria:
Chicken Stir Fry Rice = $5.25
Chicken Nugget Fries, Dip Sauce and Juice Box – $5.00
Break Special:  Fresh Fruit Smoothies – $2.75

Grade 9 French Immersion Fund Raiser:
On Monday the grade 9 French Immersion students will serving up CAVENDISH FARMS French Fries for $3 to help out with the cost of their French trip.  The Fry Wagon will be in front of the school.

Breakfast Program:
The breakfast program has started today at the Bagel Barn in the cafeteria.  This service is free of charge for all students.

Library Monitors:
There will be a library monitor meeting for all library monitors, new and not-so-new, on Monday during reading period in the library.

Band:
We would like to welcome this morning visiting Metis fiddlers and dancers from Prince Albert, SK.  They will be leading a workshop with grade 7 music classes this morning . The group is from an organization called the Indigenous Peoples Art Collective .   Welcome to Stonepark!
Beginning clarinet students who did not attend band camp, or who would like some extra help, are asked to come to the band room today from 12:30-1:15.  Grade 9 band students who are willing to help as mentors are also asked to attend.
There will be a jazz band class today during period 6.

Leadership Students:
The list of potential leadership leaders is now posted outside the gym and library.  The students on the list will need to attend two lunch-time meetings next week, on Monday and Wednesday, 12:25 to 12:55 in the schools multipurpose room (beside the office)

Terry Fox Run:

Our Annual Terry Fox Run will take place Thursday, September 28th in the afternoon. We will start in the gym (after reading period) with our usual Pep Rally hilighting SP sports teams then proceed to the bowl where students will run/walk until the end of the day. Terry’s goal was to raise one dollar per Canadian citizen and he exceeded that goal. We are hoping to raise one dollar per person in this school and just a little bit more for a goal of $1000.
We will be asking students and adults for donations – for every dollar you give, you will receive a ballot (if you give $1, you get one ballot; if you give $5, you will get 5 ballots, etc…) that will go in for a draw. There are 5 Terry Fox T-Shirts that we will draw for at the Pep Rally before the walk. Your teacher has the ballots – they will be blue stamped with “Stonepark Gives Back”. We will also be collecting loose/spare change – in the Spare-Change Mobile over the lunch hour.

School Newspaper:
Are you a writer? Are you interested in journalism? If so, you may want to become a member of the Stonepark Student Newspaper team. This is a new initiative this year and is great for students who like to write, format and design newspaper layouts, interview students and just be part of a group. Come to an info-meeting tomorrow (Friday, September 22nd) in the library during Reading period to find out more.

Scouts Canada:

Scouts Canada’s coed youth program has meetings starting in September at the Malcolm Darrach Centre on Avonlea Drive East Royalty, for youth 11 to 14 years Wednesdays 715 to 845 pm. Registration forms and registration fee can be completed online at myscouts.ca. They also welcome adults who would like to share skills and outdoor interest to help lead the programs. If interested, contact mcdonald.waldron@gmail.com

AA Boys Soccer:
The AA Boys Soccer team defeated East Wiltshire 4-0 yesterday afternoon.  Another well played game saw Mathias McComb score 3 goals in the win.  Strong defensive play from Nolan O’Rourke and Owen Matheson and a great effort from Ben Hashimoto kept East Wiltshire off of the scoresheet.  Riad Jaha rounded out the scoring with a late goal off of a corner kick.

The Boys A Soccer Team:
Defeated cross town rivals Queen Charlotte in convincing fashion last night, handing the Coyotes a 6-0 loss.  Goal scorers for your Tigers were Izadori Hatungiwana with three, and Abdi Mohamub, Yassine Al Bahh, and Jack Roberts all chipped in with singles.  Conner MacPherson posted the shutout for the home side.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.