Wednesday – Day 3

Cafeteria:
Chicken Stir Fry Cantonese Noodles, Eggroll = $5.25
Grilled Cheese Soup & Juice Box = $5.00

Bake Sale:
There will be a bake sale today (Wednesday) at Break and Lunch, with all proceeds going to the Grade 9 French Trip.  

Uulele:
Just a reminder, there will be Ukulele lessons in the Jam Room today from 3:10 – 4:00.

Leadership Students:
The leadership students, who are traveling to Canoe Cove with Ms. Poirier today are reminded to come down to the lobby, after homeroom, with all your stuff ready to go for the day.
Any leadership members interested in attending the ParaSport Festival, on October 12th, as support for some of our students, please sign up on Google Classroom.  There are only 5 spots available!

Drama Club:
Drama club will meet this Thursday and every Thursday in the Cafeteria from 3:00 to 4:30.

Library:
The library will not be open after school today.

Duke of Edinburgh:
The books are in!!  Please see Helen Smith-MacPhail to pick up your Duke book.
There will be a Duke meeting on Friday during reading period in the library.  Please make  an effort to be there.

School Newspaper
:
School Newspaper – Anyone who would like to apply for a position on the School Newspaper, please pick up an application outside Mrs. Burry’s office in House 8 upstairs. The deadline is Monday, October 2nd. The form can be returned to Mrs. Burry, Mrs. Kirkland or Mrs. Bruce.

Terry Fox Run:
Our Annual Terry Fox Run will take place this Thursday, September 28th in the afternoon. We will start in the gym (after reading period) with our usual Pep Rally hilighting SP sports teams then proceed to the bowl where students will run/walk until the end of the day. Terry’s goal was to raise one dollar per Canadian citizen and he exceeded that goal. We are hoping to raise one dollar per person in this school and just a little bit more for a goal of $1000.
We will be asking students and adults for donations – for every dollar you give, you will receive a ballot (if you give $1, you get one ballot; if you give $5, you will get 5 ballots, etc…) that will go in for a draw. There are 5 Terry Fox T-Shirts that we will draw for at the Pep Rally before the walk. Your teacher has the ballots – they will be blue stamped with “Stonepark Gives Back”. We will also be collecting loose/spare change – in the Spare-Change Mobile over the lunch hour.

Cross Country:
Would all students who are interested in running in the zone cross country meet please meet in the gym at reading period today.  This includes students who have attended the cross country practices and those students participating on any of our current school teams. We need you know interest level and hand out permission forms.

AA Boys Soccer:
Another win for the AA Boys Soccer team.  Matthieu Valois started the game off 2 minutes in with a great cross to Kallen Power for the first goal.  Andrew MacIntyre defended well and Stonepark had sustained pressure throughout with only a long freekick from Birchwood threatening to end the team’s scoreless streak.  Dylan Batchilder added a goal to end the half 2-0.  In the second half, Kallen Power, with his second of the game, Riad Jaha and Mathias McComb all scored and the game ended 5-0 in favour of Stonepark.

Boys A Soccer:
Practice canceled today due to rain.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.