Come out to the West Kent Fall Fair on Saturday, October 25 and make a bid on one of our great silent auction items! There’s no better place to start your Christmas shopping, or get a birthday, teacher or anniversary gift. No matter what the occasion, we have something for everyone on your list. Here is a small sampling of what you can bid on:
Once in a Lifetime Experiences: a family sail; a 1-week cottage rental in beautiful Hampton, PEI; a drive in a Monster Lime truck; a “Beat the Winter Blues” dinner party for 6 people, a champagne cruise for 4 people with Dave’s Lobster rolls on the menu …
Professional Services: legal services for preparing a will and for purchasing and selling a home; carpentry/home renovations; interior design home consultations; esthetics & hair salon gift certificates; family portrait photography session …
Sports & Entertainment: 1-night stay @ the Great George; 1-night stay @ Rodd Moncton Hotel with shopping package; 2015 membership to Avondale Golf course, Box seats to a Charlottetown Islanders hockey game, tickets to home opener for Island Storm basketball; training session with Holland College Hurricanes football team, Court 6 Crossfit fundamentals course and 1 month membership; PEI Taekwondo 3-month membership; ski lift passes for Brookvale; passes to various local fitness and yoga establishments …
Food & Entertainment: gift certificates to many downtown coffee shops, restaurants and florists, along with passes to Shining Waters, Sandspit and Moncton Zoo …
Bids for Kids: Lego sets, ukele, Scooter, craft kits …
… and many other fantastic donations from our generous sponsors.
Show your support for West Kent students by supporting the silent auction when you come out to the Fall Fair on the 25th!
Registration for 2015-2016 Kindergarten
Week of November 17 – 21, 2014
Parents are asked to register their children for Kindergarten prior to or during the week of November 17-21, 2014.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2015 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten
- Parents are asked to register their child at his/her local elementary school during school hours. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990), Summerside Office (902-888-8400) or Toll Free 1-800-280-7965.
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
- Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age: birth certificate/PEI health card as well as verification of home address, such as current utility bill.
- Dates for the parents and children to attend the Annual Welcome to Kindergarten sessions will be announced in the Spring of 2015.
61st Semi-Annual Meeting and Round Table Discussion
DATE: Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2014 TIME: 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
PLACE: Queen Elizabeth Elementary School, Kensington, PEI.
GUESTS: Hon. Alan McIsaac, Minister, Education and Early Childhood Development, Fred Osborne, Chair,
and Cynthia Fleet, Superintendent, English Language School Board and other partners in education
will join us in the Round Table Discussion.
More information located on the Home and School page
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!
WEST KENT FALL FAIR
SATURDAY OCT 25th 10am – 1pm
THIS YEAR’S FALL FAIR WILL HAVE
- CARNIVAL GAMES IN THE GYM
- BOUNCY CASTLE OUTSIDE
- THE FAMOUS MUSICAL CAKE WALK ON THE STAGE
- FACE PAINTING & TATTOOS
- COOKIE DECORATING & CRAFTS
- KIDS AND ADULT BOOK SALE
- LOTS OF YUMMY FOOD TO ENJOY and
- A SILENT AUCTION LIKE YOU’VE NEVER SEEN – CAN YOU SAY EARLY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!!
As parents you can help by…
- Baking for the bake sale/cake walk – Sign up sheets in the school lobby.
- Signing up to work a station at the fair. If it’s your first time – no problem. We’ll show you what to do.
- Donating kids and adults books for the book sale. We’re accepting them now. Drop them off at the office.
- Donating something to the Silent Auction …
- Do you have a new or gently used hair straightener, cool purse, salad spinner or set of knives that are gathering dust in your closet?
- Perhaps a service – are you a Decorator? Makeup artist? Landscaper? Snow remover? Donate an hour and perhaps gain a new client.
- Can you do someone’s Christmas baking for them?
- Are you affiliated with a gym/golf course/business that you can suggest we approach for a donation?
- Can you take someone Sailing? Waterskiing? Host a dinner for a few people?
- Crafty? – Perhaps decorate a Christmas wreath?
- IF YOU HAVE A SILENT AUCTION IDEA/ITEM, PLEASE EMAIL US AT WESTKENTHS@GMAIL.COM. There’s nothing too small or too wacky!
- We’d like to add to a new activity this year, outdoor 3 on 3 hockey, basketball and/or soccer games to burn off some excess energy, but need a couple of people to organize, set-up and run. If interested, please email us at WESTKENTHS@GMAIL.COM.
For more information, contact Amber Jadis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register please visit http://www.bricks4kidz.com/canada-princeedwardisland-charlottetown/