About the Department
The Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture develops and delivers high quality programs and curriculum in English and French to Island children from birth to Grade 12. The department provides corporate services, including general and financial administration, staff certification, research, planning and evaluation, human resources and school athletics.
The Culture Division provides leadership, programs and services, including library services, historic preservation and documentation, and cultural development.
Some of the priorities in this mandate are to:
- Lead the implementation of changes to advance educational excellence in the province
- Provide leadership in creating opportunities for student success in the education system
- Build technology capacity and engagement in schools
- Work with other social policy departments on a renewed Poverty Reduction Strategy and Mental Health and Addictions Strategy
- Lead the development of a ten-year Strategy on Culture to support a renewed approach to heritage and arts development
We make every effort through our website to provide current, interesting, useful information about the important work we are doing. If you can not access the information you require please contact us directly.