Community Health Engagement Committees
Call for Community Health Engagement Committees ApplicationsEngagement with Islanders and our Island communities is a priority of the Government of PEI.
Community Health Engagement Committees will provide an additional mechanism for ongoing community input to assist Health PEI in the planning of health services for Islanders.
Government is seeking individuals who have a strong interest in health and wellness to consider
serving on the Community Health Engagement Committees.
There will be two Community Health Engagement Committees, a Western Region Committee and an Eastern
The federal electoral districts will form the geographic boundaries for each committee, with the
Western Region comprised of the electoral districts of Egmont and Malpeque, and the Eastern
Region comprised of the electoral districts of Malpeque, Charlottetown and Cardigan.
The duties of the Community Health Engagement Committees are as follows:
- to gather and consider information from the public respecting health needs and services in the region of the committee;
- to identify health-related issues in the region of the committee;
- to provide feedback related to health policy and the delivery of health services to the Minister and Health PEI respecting:
- the strategic plan prepared and submitted by Health PEI,
- the strategic plan of the department, and
- provincial strategies for health care delivery.
Membership and Appointments
Each committee will be comprised of up to 12 members meeting the following criteria:
- up to nine residents of the electoral districts, and
- a nominated member from each Hospital Foundation, for each of the three hospitals located in the committee regions.
The ideal community representatives shall also bring the following capabilities to their committee:
- Have a strong interest in health and wellness;
- Possess strong communication skills – both the ability to consider health service related needs and perspectives of their community, as well as the ability to listen to others;
- Demonstrate willingness to commit time and energy to the work;
- Demonstrate a commitment to a collaborative and constructive approach to health and wellness.
Founding members will be appointed for two or three-year terms, and may be reappointed for one
Members shall serve on a committee without remuneration but may be reimbursed for mileage
expenses in accordance with the policies of the Treasury Board. It is anticipated that the committees will meet about twice each year, however, it will be up to the committees themselves to determine how often they will meet.
How to apply
To enable this important work to begin, applications can be submitted via the Engage PEI submitable application form. If preferred, a PDF application form can be printed and faxed, emailed or mailed to the address at the top of the form. Additionally if you wish, supporting documents such as a resume or cover letter, could be included and may strengthen your application.
Please indicate on your application if you are interested in the Western Region Committee or Eastern Region Committee.
The application deadline is August 15, 2016.
For further information about the committees please contact:
Garth Waite, HealthPEI. Phone 902-368-5806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org