Watershed Management FundWhat is the watershed management fund?
The watershed management fund provides financial support to community-based watershed groups on Prince Edward Island.
Who may apply?
Any community-based watershed group may apply.
What types of projects are eligible?
Funding may be provided for the following:
- watershed management and planning projects;
- watershed organizational and capacity-building projects;
- watershed management plan preparation;
- specific measures that address non-point source pollution;
- erosion and sedimentation control projects;
- agricultural run-off control projects;
- wildlife habitat enhancement projects;
- upland, wetland, riparian, and stream habitat enhancement;
- projects that support biodiversity;
- projects that promote watershed or habitat education and awareness;
- research; and
- other related projects.
Do some projects or activities get priority?
Priority will be given to applicants who plan to complete work that will support watershed planning and management. Priority activities might include:
- adding to watershed group capacity;
- facilitation and strategic planning; and
- preparation of watershed management plans.
Are there limits on the amount of funding available?
There is no limit on funding. However, funding requests must represent a reasonable and accurate estimate of the money required to carry out the proposed work.
When reviewing applications, officials will consider labour market issues across the province and strive for an equal distribution of money.The final distribution of funds will depend on an assessment of all applications received and the amount of resources available.
What is the application process? What do I need to apply?
Applications can be typed, handwritten, or submitted electronically as long as the official application form is used.
The application form is available for download. Guidelines for submissions are included in the application form. A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet can also be downloaded; it may be useful when completing Section 5 (Financial Information) of the application form. Alternatively, you can use the financial form provided in the application.
Is there a deadline for submitting an application?
The application deadline for 2016 is March 17th.
How long will my application take to be processed?
Funding decisions are usually made in April of each year.
What are the fees?
There is no fee to apply.
Watershed Management Fund applications
- 2016 WMF Application and Guidelines (printable pdf)
- 2016 WMF Financial Spreadsheet (MS Excel)
- 2016 Watershed Management Fillable Application (MS Word)
- Community Watershed Organizations on Prince Edward Island (Contact Information)
- Watershed Groups on PEI (map)
- Watershed Map of PEI
- Previously Funded Projects (historical funding and information)
- 2015 Watershed Management Fund Recipients
- A Guide to Watershed Planning On Prince Edward Island