Skip to Main Content


Bookmark and Share print small medium large 


Building and Development

The application for development approval, more commonly known as a building permit, is required when the development proposal falls within provincial jurisdiction.

If you want to construct a building, add an extension, renovate or put a mobile home on a lot, you will need a building permit.  You may need a site suitability assessment (used to determine if a parcel of land will support an on-site sewage disposal system), an entrance way permit, and a request for a culvert before construction can begin.

Before you start any construction, you will need municipal approval if your property is located in a community that has its own official plan and zoning bylaw.

back to top