Forests, Fish and Wildlife
Hunting and Angling Summaries
Hunting, Trapping and Angling SummariesPEI Angling Resource Centre.
These summaries are also available to the public free-of-charge on-line, at government offices and all licence vendors.
- New information related to hunting, trapping and angling on PEI
- General information related to hunting, trapping and angling on PEI
- General prohibitions such as restricted hunting hours, places where angling may not occur and many other factors
- Angling, Hunting & Trapping Licences and Wildlife Conservation Fund information
- Hunting, Trapping and Angling Surveys.
- The 2015 Extended Season is open until November 15, 2015.
- 2015 Extended Rainbow Trout Season - Participating Rivers Map
- 2015 Extended Rainbow Trout Season - Detailed River Maps
- In order to legally participate in the Extended Angling Season, you must register at any Access PEI office or at selected license vendors. They will provide you with a logbook that you must complete and return at the end of the season.
Another registration option allows you to send your name, home address, telephone number(s) and email address to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have sent this email, you can either
print off and use the 2015 Extended Angling Season personal Logbook or pick up a logbook at any vendor or Access PEI office.
- Extended Season for Rainbow Trout - September 16th to November 15th
There will be an extended angling season for rainbow trout angling on following rivers.
- Murray River - MacLures Pond, from the dam to the golf course bridge
- Hillsborough River - Downstream from railway bridge in Mount Stewart
- Pisquid River - Downstream from the bridge at Fort Augustus Road (Route 21)
- Montague River - All waters downstream from the pool below Knox's Pond (Sparrow Road Bridge - Rte 32)
- Valleyfield River - All waters downstream from Valleyfield Road (Rte 326). Locally known as "Sutherland's Hole"
- Boughton River - Downstream from Ross’s Dam in Bridgetown
- Fortune River - Downstream from Fortune River Road
- Vernon River - Downstream from a point 100 metres above the causeway
- Dunk River - Downstream from the Steel Bridge (Rte 110)
- Bradshaw River - Affleck’s Pond
- North River - Downstream from a point 100 metres above the causeway
- Wilmot River - Marchbanks Pond
- Souris River - all that section of the main river downstream from the Gowanbrae Bridge (Route 358)
- West River - all waters downstream from a point (N46.203, N63.352) upstream from the TCH in Bonshaw
- Westmoreland River - all waters of the east branch downstream from Route 13 (road below Sherrens Pond)
- Clyde River - all waters downstream from the TCH in Clyde River
- Orwell River - all waters downstream from the TCH in Orwell
* NOTE:Because these documents are summaries, they do not contain all of the laws found in the Wildlife Conservation Act and other applicable laws and regulations. For additional information, contact the Department of Agriculture and Forestry or any conservation officer listed in the summaries.
The original act and regulations should be consulted for all purposes of interpreting and applying the law. It is important to remember that these laws are subject to change at any time.