Organic Industry Development Program
Name: Susan MacKinnon
The Organic Industry Development Program is designed to provide assistance with projects that encourage growth in the organic sector and yield positive economic benefits to the Prince Edward Island agriculture industry.
The Organic Industry Development Program is comprised of four sub-programs:
- Increasing Market Competitiveness
- Specialized Equipment
- Certified Orgranic Land Conversion
- Implementation of Strategic Initiatives
The maximum allowable funding per applicant is $40,000 over this five-year Growing Forward 2 Program.
Project costs incurred prior to the date of application submission will not be eligible for assistance.
Organic Development Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries,
5th floor Jones Building, P.O. Box 2000
11 Kent Street
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Agriculture Information Desk
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Applicants must be certified organic or have made application to a certification body and participated in an inspection
- Recipients of funding under this program are consenting to the public release of their name, the amount of funding received, and the general nature of the project.
This program is effective April 1, 2013 and will terminate on March 31, 2018.
This program may be altered or discontinued without notice by the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries.
This program is administered by the Prince Edward Island Department of Agriculture and Fisheries. This program will be reviewed annually.