Health Professional Resources
- Ebola virus is transmitted through direct contact with body fluids from an infected individual. An outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in West Africa has been ongoing since March 2014, originating in Guinea, with spread to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria and Senegal. The Chief Public Health Office is working with other provinces and territories and the Public Health Agency of Canada to ensure EVD is contained in the unlikely event that a case presents on PEI.
Here is the current Prince Edward Island Ebola Public Health Response Guidelines 2014.
For current national guidance documents please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.
- PEI Influenza Summary - Week 18, May 1 - May 7, 2016
- Travel Notice - Zika Virus - January 2016
Online Guidance Documents
- Adult Immunization Detailed Schedule 2016 New
- Adult Immunization Referral Form 2016 New
- PEI Guidelines for the Management and Control of Pertussis New
- PEI Provincial Infection Prevention and Control including MRSA, VRE and C.diff guidelines
Protecting Newborns from Pertussis