Sport Hosting Program
The Sport Hosting Program provides grants to organizations hosting International, National and Interprovincial/Territorial sports events as well as , select signature sport events that advance the vision and priorities of the Department while enhancing the profile of the Province.
There are four main goals of the program:
1. To assist events achieve a financial break-even status. Should a surplus occur the applicant must submit a plan for how the surplus will be reinvested into their sport;
2. To increase development opportunities for PEI athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers;
3. To increase the capacity of our sport system; and
4. To raise the profile of sport in our province.
How much are project grants worth?
International & National Events that are Sport Canada, National Sport Organization, CIS or CCAA sactioned) – Up to a maximum of $3,000
Interprovincial/Territorial Championships (Eastern Canadians, Atlantics) – Up to a maximum of $1500
Signature Events (to increase participation and/or excellence in sport) – Up to a maximum of $750
What kinds of projects are not eligible for program funding?
Any event or tournament that doesn’t fit within the types of events/tournaments listed above.
How do I apply for the program?
Submit a document including the information below to the Sport and Recreation division c/o Margie Misener (firstname.lastname@example.org) :
1. Name of the Association/Organization
2. Contact person with contact information (mailing address, email, phone #, etc)
3. Event/Tournament details (Background information, event size and scope, objectives, anticipated results and a detailed budget showing revenues and expenses)
Is there a deadline to apply?
No, however there is a limited budget for this program.
Is there a fee to apply?
There is no fee to apply.
Are there any special conditions to the program?
Successful applicants will be required to work with the Sport and Recreation division to develop an appropriate recognition strategy to recognize the contributions of the Province of PEI.
Do you need information on the Sport Hosting Program?
Name: Margie Misener
Telephone: (902) 368-4789