Highway Safety Division
Motor Vehicle Registration Renewal Online
- passenger cars or taxi cab
- ambulances and hearses
- light trucks under 4100 kgs
- motorcycles and mopeds
- utility trailers under 450 kgs
To renew your vehicle registration online you will need the following:
What do I need to renew my registration online?
- Current vehicle registration papers;
- Valid pink liability insurance card (if required);
- Valid credit card. We accept Visa or MasterCard.
- Debit cards, including the Visa debit card, cannot be used at this time.
If your mailing address has changed, do not renew your vehicle online. Instead, visit your nearest Access PEI.
What is the fee?
$100 is the annual renewal fee for a private passenger vehicle, taxi cab or truck (less than 4100 kg). See fees for other vehicles
How long will it take to process my registration?
- Allow at least 15 business days for your registration and sticker to reach you by mail. A new licence plate may also be sent to you - if required.
- Until then, print and keep the receipt of payment in your vehicle.
- Once your online payment is complete, your motor vehicle registration will be updated in real time and available to police authorities immediately.
- If you do not receive your new registration, sticker (and plate if required) after 15 business days, please contact any Access PEI office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Help Support the War Amps
We do share your mailing information with the War Amps. Key tags are mailed out based on the War Amps annual schedule. You have the choice to opt out.
Other services that may be of interest