Highway Safety Division
Farm Truck RegistrationBona fide farmers may purchase a farm plate at reduced costs. Any truck which has a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 lbs. or greater (minimum 1 ton trucks) can be registered with a farm plate for $10.00, provided the registered owner is a bona fide farmer. You have to provide line spec sheets to confirm the trucks capability to haul the load required before a farm plate is issued. Tire load rating is also required. The line spec sheet has to be completed by a dealer who sells that type of vehicle and it has to be in their letterhead.)
The farmer will be required to confirm they are bona fide by:
- providing their "Marked Diesel Permit" so the number can be recorded on the registration record, or
- signing the VIF or registration to confirm they are a bona fide farmer.
Farm trucks are used for transporting the following:
- the farmer, his family and such other persons as he may choose to transport or cause to be transported without fee or charge of any kind;
- such tools, machinery, equipment and materials as are used in the truck owner's farm in agricultural production; and
- such animals and animal products, poultry and poultry products, plants and plant products, or products of the forest as are grown or produced in the truck owner's farm.
For more information on registering farm trucks, please read the Farm Truck Registration Regulations.
General Contact Information