The DesBrisay Block or Apothecaries Hall, as it is more widely known, is a National Historic Site of Canada due to its association with a prominent 19th century Charlottetown pharmacy. The impressive three storey, brick, commercial building was constructed in 1901 to replace a wooden building that was formerly on the site. Apothecaries Hall, and later Hughes Drug Store, were two pharmacy businesses that operated continuously from the site. The large building now houses Cow's Ice Cream store, a Subway shop and the Evolution Artistic Hair Salon. The designation encompasses the building's exterior and parcel; it does not include the building's interior.