header 1 image header 2 image header 3 image




St. Mark's Anglican Church

Provincial Registered Heritage Place

  • 49 Victoria Street East
  • Kensington
  • Construction Date: 1885
  • Latitude: 46.43790
  • Longitude: -63.63489
  • Place Description
  • Why is this place important?
  • Special Characteristics

Place Description

This English Gothic style church is the second Prince Edward Island church designed by the noted Island architect, William Critchlow Harris. It is also a rare surviving example of a board and batten clad church in the province. It features a square corner tower with faux buttresses and an octagonal spire topped with a cross. The nave and chancel have steeply pitched gable roofs. Grouped lancet windows with Tudor hood moulding accent the church.

bringing life to history image
bottom right container image