Canada Student Loans Program
Full-time student loan funding in Prince Edward Island is based on two programs, the Canada Student Loans Program and the Prince Edward Island Student Loans Program. Refer to the examples of available funding.
Canada Student Loan
- Interest free while studying.
- Type of assistance: Federally subsidized loan repayable with interest.
- Maximum assistance: $210 per week of study.
- To be eligible for a Canada Student Loan students must: be enrolled in at least 60% of a full-time course load (40% if a student has a permanent disability).
- Start of Repayment: 6 months after finished studying; interest starts accumulating once studies are completed.
- Funding distribution: Funding is issued at the beginning of period of study.
Use our online services to apply for a 2010-2011 student loan or to check the status of your current loan. If you experience technical difficulties please ensure your browser meets the technical requirements.
All applications are processed electronically. If you have questions regarding the application process please consult the 2010-2011 Student Loan Application Guide Book or contact Student Financial Services.
- 2010 - 2011 Student Loan Application Guide Book
- 2010 - 2011 Guide sur l’aide financière aux étudiants et formulaire de demande
- Focus on Your Future - Student Financial Assistance Program Guide (2009-2010)
PDF files require the free Acrobat Reader to view.
|Student Financial Services Main Page|