Call for Abstracts
Guideline for Oral and Poster Presentations:
NEW!! The ICMSS 2011 Organizing Committee would like to announce that discussions are taking place with FAO to try and secure some financial assistance for conference participants from developing countries, whose abstract is accepted by the ICMSS evaluators for presentation at the conference. Send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org - The Scientific Program Committee wishes to advise that correspondence regarding the acceptance of abstracts is forthcoming. Participants who have submitted abstracts should expect to hear from the Organizing Committee soon.
- Abstracts must be submitted for all oral and poster presentations.
- Each oral presentation (excluding keynote speakers) will be allotted 15 minutes plus 5 for discussion and questions. Keynote presentations/ speakers will be allotted 30 minutes.
- If you are encountering problems with the online form, please contact the person in charge of ICMSS 2011 online submissions email@example.com
- Abstracts must be written in Arial, with a 10 point font, single spaced and justified. Title and authors are to be bolded, with presenting author identified by an asterisk. List all authors with affiliations, post and e-mail addresses. Abstracts must not exceed 300 words. Keywords should also be provided, not exceeding 8, as chosen from the conference topics.
- The presenting author must indicate the preference of the work as a poster or oral presentation.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. The scientific committee reserves the right to request that an oral presentation be changed to a poster presentation, and vice versa, to ensure that sessions are well-balanced.
- Abstracts are to be submitted before February 7, 2011. Presenting authors will be notified of whether their abstracts have been accepted by March 11, 2011, to allow presenters sufficient time for early bird registration.
- Presenters must register by April 15, 2011. Abstracts submitted which do not have an associated paid registration by this date will not be allotted time/ space at the conference or be included in the Book of Abstracts.
- Oral Presentations that are supported by a visual projection must be compatible with Microsoft Office 2007.
- A conference book containing abstracts of accepted oral and poster presentations will be published and made available to all participants as part of the registration.
- Details on instructions for manuscripts submitted for the conference proceedings will be provided at a later date. Full manuscripts of presentations will be peer reviewed.
- A permanent poster exhibit will be displayed on the Schurman Market Street (a hallway in McDougall Hall). Posters should be designed with a format of 1.25m (width) x 1m (height).
- Final date for submission of abstracts February 7, 2011
- Abstract authors notified of selection March 11, 2011
- Early registration deadline March 31, 2011
- Author/ presenter registration deadline April 15, 2011
- Regular rate registration deadline April 30, 2011
- Late registration deadline May 31, 2011*
* Past this date, registrations will be accepted at the conference registration desk!