Camp Tamawaby Demonstration WoodlotOff Rt. 131, on the banks of the Ellis River, provides scenic natural wooded areas in addition to mature plantations. Of particular importance to the history of Island forestry is the red pine plantation established in 1955 by the late J. Frank Gaudet, PEI's first Director of Forestry. These red pine were the first seedlings to be grown in an Island nursery and planted on a reforested site. This walking trail is 1.5 km long over level ground and takes about one hour to walk at a leisurely pace.
[Turn Off Map]
For More Information
Website: Camp Tamawaby Demonstration Woodlot Website