Town of AlbertonLegislation:
For more detailed information, please read the Racing and Stunt Driving Regulations.
What is classified as a race?
A race includes any of the following driving behaviours:
- driving a vehicle at a speed well above the posted limit in a competition with another vehicle.
- chasing another vehicle while driving
- driving a vehicle without care and attention, without consideration for other people on the highway or in a way that could endanger lives by:
- driving a vehicle well above the posted speed limit,
- outdistancing or attempting to outdistance one or more vehicles while driving at a speed well above the posted limit, or
- repeatedly changing lanes close to other vehicles while driving at a speed well above the posted limit.
What is considered a stunt?
A stunt can include any of the following driving behaviours:
- driving a vehicle (including a motorcycle, but excluding a commercial vehicle with lift axles) to lift one or more of its tires from the surface of the highway (ie, "popping a wheelie" on a motorcycle);
- driving a vehicle in a way in that some or all of its tires lose traction on the highway while turning (ie, "fishtailing");
- driving a vehicle in a way that causes it to spin or circle on the spot (ie, "pulling donuts");
- driving a vehicle side by side with one or more other vehicles, where one vehicle is in the lane for on-coming traffic, for a period of time longer than is required to pass;
- driving a vehicle with someone in the trunk;
- driving a vehicle from a position other than the driver's seat;
- allowing someone or something to block the driver's seat in a way that impedes the driver from operating the vehicle;
- allowing someone to sit in a position that interferes with the driver's control over the vehicle or that obstructs the driver's vision; or
- allowing someone or something to stick out of the window, moon roof, sun roof or other opening in the vehicle.
[Turn Off Map]