Skip to Main Content

Island Information

Bookmark and Share print small medium large 

HOME / GOVERNMENT / PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT / PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OFFICE LOCATIONS /


Government House

In 1833-34 local contractors Isaac Smith, Henry Smith and Nathan Wright built Government House, a finely proportioned framed structure of neo-classical style as the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of PEI Before the attainment of Responsible Government in 1851, it served as the seat of the Colonial Executive power. Through the years this house has provided a setting of simple elegance for the formal entertainment of the island community and its distinguished visitors.

Location

Charlottetown

(1 Government Drive)
[Turn Off Map]

For More Information
PO Box 846
Charlottetown, PE
C1A 7L9
Telephone: (902) 368-5480
Facsimile: (902) 368-5481


Correct this information?

back to top