First Organized Land Survey MonumentFollowing the Treaty of Paris, the British Government ordered a systematic survey of its possessions in North America. Captain Samuel Holland was placed in charge of the District North of the Potomac and because of the importance of the fisheries, was instructed to begin with Prince Edward Island in October 1764. He established his headquarters at Holland Cove and completed his survey of the Island in 1765. He divided the Island into 67 lots and reserved land for town sites.
[Turn Off Map]