Hughes Drug Store/Apothecaries Hall Historic MonumentOn December 24, 1810, Thomas Desbrisay Jr. opened an apothecary shop on this site. In 1874, George Hughes bought Apothecaries Hall and operated it under the title "Apothecaries Hall - Hughes Drug Co. Ltd." The original building was replaced by the present brick structure in 1900. Mounted on the corner of the building presently housing COW'S Ice Cream on the corner of Queen and Grafton Streets.
(Corner of Queen and Grafton Street)
[Turn Off Map]