Kensington StationIn 1871 the colony of Prince Edward Island embarked upon the construction of a circuitous 147-mile railway covering a 120-mile distance between Georgetown and Alberton. The high cost of building the line added substantially to the public debt and helped to persuade the colony to enter Confederation in 1873. The town of Kensington was among the numerous communities accommodated by the Prince Edward Island Railway. This distinctive stone station, built in 1904 to replace an earlier frame structure, was designed by the Island architect, Charles Chappell.
[Turn Off Map]