Skip to Main Content

Island Information

Bookmark and Share print small medium large 


Employment Insurance

Most Canadians have jobs covered by employment insurance. This means that they make contributions and receive benefits when unemployed. The Employment Insurance (EI) program provides temporary income support to those who are between jobs; cannot work for reasons of sickness, childbirth, or parenting; or who are providing care or support to a family member who is gravely ill with a significant risk of death.

To find out about Employment Insurance, click the link below to visit Service Canada's Employment Insurance website.


Correct this information?

back to top