Beaches of Prince Edward Island are indeed magical. You will find there is always something new to discover; astounding sunsets, shore birds and marine life, waves perfect in one place for windsurfing, and in another for wading.
Safety tips while enjoying Island beaches include:
- If possible, swim in supervised areas only.
- Obey all rules and posted signs.
- Don't mix alcohol and swimming. Alcohol impairs your judgment, balance, and co-ordination, affects your swimming and diving skills, and reduces your body's ability to stay warm.
- Pay attention to local weather conditions and forecasts.
- Stop swimming at the first indication of bad weather.