Skip to Main Content

Island Information

print small medium large 

HOME / ABOUT PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND / HISTORY OF PEI / LIGHTHOUSES /


Cape Egmont Lighthouse

Built in 1864, this 42 foot lighthouse is the same design as the Wood Islands and Cape Bear Lighthouses. Coastal erosion made it necessary to move the lighthouse back from the edge of the cliff in 1998.

To get to the lighthouse, turn at a curve in the road where the paved road goes to Fishing Cove Harbour, then take the gravel road in through the woods. The lighthouse is on the point. Use caution near the high bank.

Height in meters above ground: 12.8

Location

Cape Egmont

(On Cape Egmont Point, off Route 11)
[Turn Off Map]

Photos

Cape Egmont Lighthouse

Download

 


Correct this information?

back to top