The Hiring ProcessThere are five main steps in the hiring process:
- Jobs are advertised and resumes are accepted until the closing date indicated in the job posting.
- Resumes are screened to identify those applicants whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements.
- These applicants are invited to participate further in the selection process which typically includes an interview and may also involve additional assessment methods such as tests or presentations.
- After the interview/assessment process, reference checks, are conducted on the top candidates.
- After the selection decision has been made by the interview panel, an offer is made. The successful candidate will be contacted to be offered the position. If the competition was posted internally the successful candidate will be posted on the Jobs PEI website to notify other interested candidates. If the competition was posted externally, others interviewed will be notified by mail.