How to applyThank you for your interest in working with the Government of Prince Edward Island. We invite you to create a personal Jobs PEI account and submit an application today or in the future.
We prefer that applicants use the online application to apply, however other methods are available and noted below.
- Visit www.gov.pe.ca/jobs. Click on 'My Job Account' in the left grey menu bar then click on the blue REGISTER button. You can also click on 'Register' in the grey common menu bar that runs above the top of this page.
- Enter all of your information and click the Register button at the bottom of the page.
- Then enter your profile information. Please enter all fields that are required. There are multiple tabs on the My Application screen. Please fill areas to give us as much information as possible to help us screen your application correctly. Remember to click Save in the top right corner as you complete each tab.
- Under the My Resume tab you can also upload multiple versions of resumes and cover letters. This way you can attach specific resumes and cover letters when you go to apply to different competitions.
- Once your application is complete, you can logout by clicking “LOGOUT” in the top right corner of the webpage or you can view job postings by clicking on either “Provincial Government” or “Health Sector” (located on the left hand side of the screen).
Log inTo apply online or to update 'My Account', click on 'My Job Account' in the left grey menu bar then click on the blue "Log in" button. You can also click on 'Log In' in the grey common menu bar that runs above the top of this page.
- If you do not already have an account, click on "Register" here and follow the steps to create an account. If you already have an account, enter your e-mail address and password here, then click on "Sign In".
- To browse job opportunites, click on "Job Opportunities" in the left grey menu bar. Select competitions you would like to apply for by scrolling to the bottom of the job posting page and clicking "Select Job Opening".
- This will redirect you to the personal information tab of "My Job Account". Verify or update your information as desired, and click the "Save" button on the right hand side. If you wish to apply for more than one competition, click on "Job Opportunities" again to continue browsing.
- Once you have finished selecting job postings to apply for, go to the "My Posting" tab. Select the job postings you wish to apply for by clicking on the check box to the left of the job title(s).
- If desired, attach resume and/or cover letter (if uploaded to the "My Resume" tab) by clicking on "Attach Resume" and selecting the resume and/or cover letter from the drop down lists(s) that will appear.
- Click "Apply Now" (on right hand side of screen) to submit your application. A declaration window appears prompting you to indicate that the information you've provided is truthful and provided in good faith. By clicking "I agree" on this window, you will have completed the process of applying for the job posting you selected. Jobs that you have applied for are now listed in the "My History" tab, so that you can track the job postings that you've applied for.
Alternative Methods to Apply for a Job with Us
Complete and deliver a Government of PEI Employment Application
PEI Public Service Commission
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Please note that when mailing an application for a specific competition, it has to arrive at our location prior to the closing date. If your application arrives late, it will be considered late.
(902) 368-4383. Please call 902-368-4080 to confirm receipt of fax.
Bring your completed application to the PEI Public Service Commission office 105 Rochford St., 1st Floor, Shaw Building North, Charlottetown, PE. Copies of the application form are available from this office.
Please indicate the posting ID number or your preferred type of work. If you do not get a confirmation e-mail, please call 902-368-4080.
It is very important that you include the posting ID number on your application form regardless of what
method you decide to use in applying. If you do not see any positions advertised that match the type of
work you're looking for, you can also forward us your application/résumé with the preferred type of work
indicated and we will keep it on file for one year in the event that a casual position should arise.