Fees for Personal Information:
- Initial fee - no charge
- Copying fees - actual cost
Fees for General Information:
- The applicant must pay an initial fee of $5. Their request will not start until this fee is paid.
- The fee for locating and preparing a record for disclosure is $10 per half hour.
- An estimate of the cost of locating and preparing records for disclosure will be provided to the applicant. This estimate will be based on the formula outlined in Schedule 2
- The applicant has up to 20 days to accept the fee estimate or to modify their request to reduce the fee.
Payment of Fee:
- Processing a request stops once a notice of estimate has been forwarded to an applicant and starts immediately when the application agrees to pay the fee, and pays 50% of the estimate.
- The balance of any fee owing is payable at the time the information is delivered to the applicant.
- Fees, other than the initial fee, or any part of those fees will be refunded if the amount paid is higher than the actual fee required to be paid.
- Locating and preparing a record for disclosure: $10 per half hour (First 2 hours are free).
- Producing a record from an electronic record:
- computer processing and related charges - actual cost to a public body
- computer programming - actual amount charged to public body
- Supervising the examination of a record: $10 per half hour
- Shipping a record: actual cost to a public body.
- Copying a record:
- photocopies - actual cost
- floppy disks - actual cost
- compact discs - actual cost
- hardcopy microfilm per exposure - $0.50 cents
- duplication of 16 mm microfilm - $29.95 per roll
- duplication of 35 mm microfilm - $32.95 per roll
- photographs (color or black and white, from negative)
- 5"x7" - $9
- 8" x 10" - $11
- 11" x 14" - $25
- 16" x 20" - $40
- 20" x 24" - $100
- duplication of a 35 mm color slide - $8.50
- duplication of audio cassette - $10 per tape ($5 if tape is provided by applicant)
- duplication of video cassette - $5
- For any other media not listed above, the actual amount incurred by the public body will be charged.