Fees for Personal Information:
- Initial fee - no charge
- Copying fees - 25 cents per page
Fees for Non-Personal Information:
- The applicant is required to pay an initial fee of $5. The request will not proceed until the initial fee is paid.
- The fee for locating and preparing the record for disclosure is $10 per half hour for time spent in excess of two hours.
- An estimate of the cost of locating and preparing the records for disclosure will be provided to the applicant. This estimate will be based on the formula outlined in Schedule 1. The estimate provided under section 76(3) of the Act must set out
- The time and cost required to locate, review and prepare the record for disclosure.
- The cost of copying the record
- The cost of computer time involved in copying a record or, if necessary, re-programming to create a new record.
- The cost of supervising an applicant who wishes to examine the original record, when applicable.
- The cost of shipping a copy of a record.
- An applicant has up to 20 days to indicate if the fee estimate is acceptable or to modify the request to change the amount of fees assessed.
- The request will not proceed until the applicant agrees to accept to fee estimate.
Payment of Fees
- Processing of a request ceases once a notice of estimate has been forwarded to an applicant and recommences immediately on the receipt of an agreement to pay the fee, and on the receipt of at least 50% of the estimated fee.
- The balance of any fee owing is payable at the time the information is delivered to the applicant.
- Fees, other than the initial fee, or any part of those fees will be refunded if the amount paid is higher than the actual fee required to be paid.
- for locating and preparing a record for disclosure: $10.00 per half hour for time spent in excess of two hours
- for providing a record from an electronic record:
- computer processing and related charges
- computer programming - actual amount charged to public body
- for supervising the examination of a record: $10.00 per half hour
- for shipping a record or a copy: actual amount incurred by public body.
- for copying a record:
- photocopies, hard copy laser print and computer printouts - $0.25 cents per page
- floppy disks - based on actual cost
- compact discs - based on actual cost
- hardcopy microfilm per exposure - $0.50 cents
- duplication of 16 mm microfilm - $29.95 per roll
- duplication of 35 mm microfilm - $32.95 per roll
- photographs (color or black and white, from negative)
- 5"x7" $9.00
- 8" x 10" $11.00
- 11" x 14" $25.00
- 16" x 20" $40.00
- 20" x 24" $100.00
- duplication of a 35 mm color slide - $8.50
- duplication of audio cassette - $10.00 per tape ($5.00 if tape is provided by applicant)
- duplication of video cassette - $5.00
- for any other media not listed above, the actual amount incurred by the public body will be charged