Probation Services delivers the following province-wide community-based correctional programs and services to clients and the adult criminal court:
• Supervision and enforcement of adult probation orders and conditional sentence orders;
• Case management based on a client’s assessed needs and specific requirements of the case (e.g., court orders), which may include referral to a variety of community-based services, including individual or group treatment/education programs, for example, alcohol and/or drug treatment programs; education programs; mental health services; anger management programs; life skills and employment preparation programs; parenting programs; the Turning Point Program; the Sexual Deviancy Assessment and Treatment Program, and a variety of other programs or services that address presenting problems, and support the needs of a particular client and the conditions/requirements of his/her sentence or disposition;
• Investigation and preparation of pre-sentence reports;
• The development and management of alternative measures agreements for adult cases referred through Crown Counsel;
• Processing and management of adult cases under the provincial Fine Option Program; and
• Ensuring appropriate action and follow-up in cases of default or non-compliance with court orders and/or alternative measures agreements.